Insurance coverage varies and no two policies are alike. It is important to understand your individual health plan and what it covers, including deductibles, coinsurance and copays. We have outlined definitions for these as well as other insurance terminology for your reference.
We recommend that you call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card, or contact your employer’s benefits department, to verify your coverage and for any questions regarding your health insurance plan. Associated Urologist of North Carolina’s billing team works with your insurance company to confirm eligibility and coverage for procedures and services provided.
Please find below an overview of our Financial Policy, as well as a link to the full printable document.
Please find this brief overview of AUNC’s financial policy. We are hopeful that this overview clearly communicates the policy and expectations from AUNC to our patients as well as what they can expect from us.
- Copays, coinsurance, deductibles and outstanding balances not covered by insurance are due prior or at the time services are rendered. Payment can be made by cash, check, MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover. Additionally, you may be eligible to finance amounts which you owe for services rendered through a third-party financial institution. Inability to pay at the time of service may result in having to reschedule your appointment.
- The amount you will be required to pay will be determined based upon your individual insurance plan and will include any deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance which your insurance carrier indicates that you will owe. In addition, you will be required to make arrangements to pay any other outstanding balances that you may owe to us at that time.
- Click to download our Financial Policy document
- Click here to view Insurance Terminology Definitions
- Click here to view a list of Participating Insurance Companies