Summary: You will work closely with the physician and perform a variety of patient care tasks including: triage, assisting with routine procedures and minor surgical procedures, taking vitals, and rooming patients. This position also involves a high degree of independence with regards to establishing & maintaining clinical protocols and supplies for a new office as well as managing a schedule for nurse visits. Travel to one or more AUNC locations with the Care Team per assigned physician schedule may be required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
Education Requirements: High School Diploma required.
- LPN licensure required
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a fast-paced clinic with comparable level of responsibility required
- Urology experience required
Performance Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Triage incoming patient calls
- Provide clinical care to patients
- Assist with routine in-office procedures such as PTNS, BCGs, CMGs, Provenge, biopsies, vasectomies, cystoscopies, uroflow, catheter removal/exchange, SP tube exchange, bladder irrigation, injections, and mitomycin.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation in EMR and Practice Management software
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, physician shareholders, and vendors;
- Handle calls and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person;
- Hold information confidential;
- Recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors; and
- Multi-task and stay focused on the immediate task.
Licensure/certification/registration: LPN licensure required
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers/internet, fax machines, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted, temperature-controlled office environment.
Attire: Business casual (professional and conservative)
Mental/Physical Requirements: Daily activity is 20 percent sitting and 80 percent walking or standing. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Status: Regular, Full-time